Thursday, September 15, 2011

It's just been one of those days

...Or maybe it's been like this for months. I'm tired, really really frekin tired. I usually take comfort in baking, but when I'm tired I don't feel like doing anything. I s'pose I like complaining about it. I want to make a really delicious strawberry bread. I think I'll go do that after I finish this post. 
I guess I have an obligation to relate this post to food, so here ya go:
Last night we invited some friends over and made a delicious dinner. The whole thing was kind of last minute, but it turned out pretty perfectly. When I went to Walgreens to get the wine the cashier had a lot to say about the size of the bottle I selected. 
He started with, "oooh, looks like someone's gonna have a good night." 
Me, "ahah, yeaaah." 
Him: "Well, maybe it'll last until midnight." 
Me: *thinking, "or for like a month?" 
Him *with a smirk on his face: "Would you like anything else?" 
Me: "No, I think the wine'll do it...and it's the only size you had...and it's for me and five other people!" Him: *chuckling "Well, you enjoy it!" 
Okay, so maybe the bottle was the size of a rather plump baby, but it was only ten dollars! and I wasn't drinking it by myself. 
It was a very, very delicious dinner. Wine included. We made roast chicken, sautéed green beans, roasted potatoes, and homemade biscuits. There were some hilarious mishaps, like when Maggie set the PLASTIC cutting board on the STILL HOT burner and it melted on to it. But what's cooking without hilarity?...Nada. 
I'm going to start updating this guy more often. 
Also on my list:
I'm going to keep up with boot camp 
I'm going to shy as far away from drama as I can 
and I'm going to keep up with hwk (specifically reading) 
PRODUCTIVITY

Peace out girl scouts. 


No comments:

Post a Comment