Tuesday, September 11, 2012

CHI-TOWN

Hello everyone!
Back to blogging and I hope to keep up with it as I start school at the Art Institute of Illinois in Chicago. I'm done with my bachelors of business and ready to begin life in the kitchen, wootwoot! The boyfrand, my dad, and I drove the big a** moving truck all da way from G-vine, Texas to the big big city of Chicago. I believe the first sure-fire sign that I stuck out like a true southerner was when we pulled up to a gas station just outside of Chicago and every other customer was wearing pants/jackets. Whoops! The second was when we were *illegally* hauling butt down North Shore drive (apparently you're not s'posed to drive trucks on this particular main road). We came out unscathed on both accounts. SUCCESS. 

I am thuperduper excited/NERVOUS as heck to be living in such a gargantuan place. 

Saturday was dedicated to a driving tour of downtown and neighborhoods along the way. On Saturday evening, we chowed down in China town on some delicious egg rolls, scrumptious pad thai, and beef with mixed vegetables.
A few meals later the boyfrand and I visited the chapel at Loyola (such a BOOTIFUL campus!). And after mass we rewarded ourselves with a lovely meal at Thai Rice Cafe (seemingly sketchy on the inside/outside, but passed the taste test with flying colors). Today and yesterday, we explored a bit more of downtown and added a few more stops of where not to stop off the "L" to the list. 
The search for a job ensues! I'm crossin my fingers for a coffee shop/bakery job. I'll let ya'll know how that goes. 
Now I'm off to decide what's for dinner. 


Millenium Park Trip #1 
Peeeeerfect day for a picnic

1 comment:

  1. Holy Casserole! (as P might say) This post abounds with enthusiasm. Such a contrast with the one from almost a year ago. Beautiful picture by the way. I'll have to borrow that shirt sometime.

    ReplyDelete