Friday, January 28, 2011

2 stove-top burners and a microwave

We've all been placed in single person efficiency apartments for the semester. My room is a good size and I have an excellent view of the main street from my window. The kitchen, however, is a little tricky to use. I quickly learned to wash dishes as I used them after attempting to wash and rinse a sink full of dishes with only the aid of ONE sink. Water was spilled and exasperated curses were muttered that first night. I've learned to efficiently use the space I've been given while simultaneously learning how to cook using the aforementioned resources, stove-top burners and a microwave. Toast is toasted and eggs are scrambled and omelet[ed] in a skillet, rice and pasta is cooked in the big pot I was lucky enough to have been left by the previous owner, and cheese is melted and vegetables are steamed in the microwave. Google-how-to's are used on a daily basis: how to saute zucchini, how to steam vegetables and broccoli, how to cook white rice, how to make an omelette...And the list goes on and on.

sandwich du jour:
-Toast 4 slices of baguette face down in a skillet on high heat(approximately two slices of sandwich bread)
-Put as much, or as little, comte(or your favorite cheese that'll melt) as you desire on the toasted slices and microwave for 15-25 seconds. 
-Slice avocado and spread over the melted cheese
-Spoon a little bit of tomato sauce on top  
-And DEVOUR


Last night's dinner: 
Zucchinis and white rice

2 comments:

  1. C'est le plus méchant que j'ai jamais vu, says your Dad. I say tres bien.
    Mum

    ReplyDelete